Single Sign On Process
The original page looks untidy with different formatting and inconsistencies.
- Page Title and button are both consistent ‘Sign in’ not Log in.
- Tidied the layout with labels now above inputs and not alongside.
- User name input now labelled as ‘Email Address’ as most users use their email address and this is easier to remember, this also negates the Help so this is removed.
- Forgotten Password link is repositioned underneath the password label and the question mark removed.
- Remember Me option is removed because it was a feature that isn’t required and a potential security issue.
When the user clicks on forgotten password it allows them to type in their email address and this then emails a a link to reset their password. On this page there are the following improvements.
- Page Title changed ‘to Forgotten Password’ to provide continuity from link on the Sign in screen.
- Text is more friendly in plain speak.
- Label is now ‘Email Address’ and placed above input to keep it consistent with previous screen and to make it easier for the user.
- Button text is now ‘Send Email’ which is more descriptive than ‘Submit’.
This confirms that an email with a reset link has been sent. The MuddyBoots support team email address is displayed in case of any issues.
- UI Research and Design